Savage Seamless Background Paper Overview
Photograph people and products against a smooth, uncluttered background with this 107″ x 36′ roll of Seamless Background Paper from Savage. To facilitate even lighting, the surface of the paper is non-reflective and has a fine-tooth finish. In addition to photography, the paper may be used for events, decorations, banners, and more.
The paper density is 163 gsm and it has an easy-to-handle resilient thickness. For mounting on many standard background stands, it comes wound on a core with a 2.125″ interior diameter. A plastic sleeve protects the roll in transit and can be saved to provide continued protection when the paper is not in use. The paper should be stored vertically to reduce the possibility of warping and other damage. Photographers often use clamps to secure the paper to a backdrop stand as well as tape to secure the paper to the floor if rolled out for full-body shots. The paper is lignin- and acid-free, pH neutral, and 100% recyclable.
Savage offers a wide selection of color options, including multiple types of white. There are currently three whites to choose from:
- #01 Super White – This is the classic white background. It is a bit whiter than natural white paper but not overly white, this is the standard white background found in countless studios.
- #50 White – This is a more natural paper white with a slightly warm tone.
- #66 Pure White – Even whiter than Super White, this white pops off the page with extra brightness.
- 26″ – This compact size can be used for smaller subjects, such as tabletop product photography or portraits of children. It can also be used for tight headshots with careful framing.
- 53″ – A medium size, this is suitable for up to full-length portraits of a single individual and larger objects.
- 86″ – Create images with multiple people (up to three) or very large objects.
- 107″ – The largest option for many colors, this width is great for group portraits or families with room for around four people or very large objects.
- 140″ – Available for #01 Super White, #20 Black, #46 Tech Green, and #70 Storm Gray, the largest size can fit up to six people at a time for larger group photos and can be used with very large objects.
Depending on your own space and capabilities, you should consider your paper size carefully. Wider and longer rolls are heavier and can be more difficult to work with though they bring advantages to ensuring a filled background.